March 12, 2009
"Mark’s work both above and below decks amazed us. Out one minute working the boat, the next producing terrific meals. We have both sailed all our lives and therefore really appreciate the hard work you put into making our week with you special."
Pacific Wave Grilled Chilled Vegetable Terrine
This is an excellent lunch or dinner starter which can be prepared the evening before. Served chilled with fresh Basil leaves and a light dressing.
Ingredients – Serves 6
large Red Peppers – quartered, cored and seeded
For the dressing
tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Place the prepared peppers skin side up under a hot grill and cook until the skins are blackened. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a plate. Leave to cool.
2. Arrange the aubergine and courgette slices on separate baking sheets. Brush them with a little oil and cook under the grill, turning occasionally, until they are tender and golden.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan, and add the sliced onion, raisins, tomato puree and red wine vinegar. Cook gently until the mixture is soft and syrupy. Set aside and leave to cool in the frying pan.
4. Lightly oil a 1.75 lt (3 pint) terrine, and then line with clear film leaving a little hanging over the sides.
5. Pour half the tomato juice into a saucepan, and sprinkle with the gelatine. Dissolve gently over a low heat, stirring to prevent any lumps from forming.
6. Place a layer of red peppers in the base of the terrine, and pour in enough of the tomato juice with gelatine to cover.
7. Continue layering the vegetables, pouring tomato juice with gelatine over each layer. Finishing with a layer of red peppers. Add the remaining tomato juice to the pan and pour into the terrine. Give it a short tap, to disperse the juice. Cover and chill until set.
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil and vinegar, and season.
Turn out the terrine and remove the clear film. Serve in thick slices,
drizzled with dressing and garnished with basil leaves.
|Attention brokers: We invite you to copy & send a "broker friendly" version of this E-News to your own clients. Broker friendly link: Pacific Wave - Grilled Chilled Vegetable Terrine|
2 Coddington Wharf,
Newport, RI 02840
Email: email@example.com Tele: 401.849.0344, Fax: 401.849.9018, www.nicholsonyachts.com